As an arts therapy approach, DMT has the potential to contribute to activation, stabilisation, and recovery in the context of prevention, acute intervention, and rehabilitation. In both research and clinical practice, there is an increasing interest in dance movement therapy as a significant enhancement to standard care.
Dance movement therapists do not work exclusively in traditional settings such as psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, or special education. Dance Movement Therapy is also applied in neurology, oncology, cardiovascular medicine, etc. and increasingly in preventive care.
The Dance Movement Therapy programme at SRH Hochschule Heidelberg qualifies the student for clinical practice, working with children and adults in the following core settings:
- Psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy
- Pediatrics, children and youth psychiatry and psychotherapy
- Forensic settings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dance movement therapy skills
- Clinical psychology I (psychotherapy approaches)
- Clinical psychology II (psychiatry, psychosomatics & psychotherapy)
- Neurology & quantitative research methods
- Movement observation and movement analysis
- Clinical placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted throughout the year
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 5 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A university degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, of at least six semesters’ duration in one of the following disciplines: dance/artistic studies, psychology, medicine, social work or similar degrees
- Individual admission is possible for applicants with different backgrounds or other fields of study
- Personal and artistic suitability (tested in our personal selection process)
- Proof of English: IELTS 6.5 TOEFL iBT 80 (TOEFL code of SRH: 7712) Duolingo Certificate 95 PTE Academic 58 or other proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
EU/EEA690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
- 690 EUR per month + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR. Applicants from countries with visa obligation need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.