Software engineers create and maintain software applications using best practice from computer science, project management, engineering, application domains and other fields. Students will learn how to apply state-of-the-art techniques and methodologies to develop high quality software to professional standards.
Students of the Software Engineering programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai can specialise in particular areas such as the development of mobile applications or advanced interactive systems like games.
New career prospects and opportunities for career enhancement are both excellent. The continued growth in new technologies and mobile applications in industry, commerce and the public sector is increasing the demand for experts who can design, implement and maintain complex software systems.
- Rigourous Methods for Software Engineering
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Industrial Programming
- Computer Network Security
- Mobile Communications and Programming
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
January intake is for part-time students only.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 12 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United Arab Emirates
- For MSc entry, a good relevant Honours degree (first or second class) or equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered. Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates holding less than a good Honours degree, or its equivalent, but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exams and course work are at MSc level.
International20385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20385 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National20385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20385 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.