The Renewable Energy Engineering programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai is aimed at students wishing to develop a critical understanding of the significant changes afoot in the energy sector due to the development and integration of wind, marine, biomass and solar technologies.
The programme will provide graduates of a calibre capable of developing and implementing creative solutions to the problems encountered in renewable energy capture, conversion, storage and management.
Heriot-Watt recognises that learning needs to be flexible and this programme allows experienced and recent graduates to tailor the programme content and structure to their specific needs. The University uses a virtual learning environment (VLE) called Vision, which can be accessed via the internet.
Students will study courses and submit assignments at their own pace through Vision as well as attend evening and weekend lectures and tutorials. This balances private study with attendance at the University, allowing students to work towards a recognised degree alongside their professional career.
Many of the students on this programme are in employment and can enhance their career prospects with their current employer by gaining the MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering, both by virtue of the qualification and because they are able to contribute more by applying the knowledge and skills they acquire. This programme also equips graduates from other areas to move into employment in this exciting field as the renewable energy sector continues to grow in importance.
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Economics of Renewable Energy
- Computational Fluid Dynamics with Heat Transfer
- Electrical Power Systems
- Critical Analysis and Research Preparation
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- January intake is for part-time students only.
- Most students apply 6–10 months in advance of their chosen intake. We can accept applications up until 3 weeks before the start of each intake
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 10 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Arab Emirates
- For MSc entry, a good relevant Honours degree (first or second class) or equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered.
- Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates holding less than a good Honours degree, or its equivalent, but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme.
- Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exams and course work are at MSc level.
International23239 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23239 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National23239 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23239 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.