The Life Science and Technology programme of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) offers great promise not only on the theoretical level, but also for very practical applications: in developing cleaner industrial processes, better medicines, and more effective methods for combating diseases, in facilitating the isolation of enzymes for the development of improved foodstuffs, and in countless other applications.
Theory and practice
This programme aims to equip you with knowledge and expertise on the fundamental level and to familiarise you with the technologies inherent to practical applications of that knowledge. As a graduate of the programme, you will be prepared for a career in either an industrial or an academic environment. Career opportunities for graduates of the programme abound in biotechnological, food, and biopharmaceutical industries, the healthcare profession.
The MSc programme in Life Science & Technology comes in three "flavours", each of which finds its expression in specialisation-specific courses and in the subject of the Master's research project. Each specialisation has a somewhat different emphasis, as described below.
- Analysis of Metabolic Networks
- Bioprocess Integration
- Ethical, Legal and Social Issues in Biotechnology
- Introduction to Algorithmics & Programming Skills
- Green Chemistry and Sustainable Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology View 52 other Masters in Biology in Netherlands
- International applicants should have a BSc degree in one of the following subjects: Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of identity
- Reference letter (applicants for a scholarship)
International15166 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15166 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2006 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2006 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.