Psychotherapy and Counselling – Contemporary Creative Approaches from Edge Hill University focuses on contemporary creative approaches to psychotherapy and counselling and has a multi-modal and integrative approach that includes the sequential use of drawing, painting, guided imagery, movement, drama, writing, poetry and sculpture to immerse you in the therapeutic process. This will help you facilitate the exploration of emotions, experiences and challenges to emotional wellbeing.
On completion of this programme you will be able to demonstrate the skills and expertise required to enter practice as a psychotherapist.
Psychotherapists work with a wide range of clients, either individually or within groups, in both the public and private sector as well as with third sector organisations. The psychotherapist skillset is highly valued by employers, not only in those offering mental health services across the lifespan, but also in the employment market more widely.
Career destinations could include the NHS, charities, employee assistance and wellbeing programmes, youth justice, social care, probation, pastoral support in schools, advocacy and special educational needs, health, education, social welfare, or leadership and workforce development.
- Therapeutic and Psychological Theories
- Developing Creative and Therapeutic Skills
- Advancing Creative and Therapeutic Process Skills
- Expressive Personal Development
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Counselling Psychology View 192 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
- You should have a degree equivalent to UK first-class or upper second-class honours (2:1 or above) in either counselling and/or psychotherapy or a cognate discipline which has a focus on supporting and developing individual growth and expression and psychological mindedness.
- Students with lower degree classifications and/or demonstrable practice experience may be admitted at the faculty’s discretion, subject to the production of additional written evidence of your ability to study at Master’s level.
- Ideally, you should have at least 50 hours of paid or voluntary experience working with clients from vulnerable populations, experiencing issues relating to emotional and mental wellbeing, as well as working creatively with diverse arts media and/or demonstrating an interest and curiosity in engaging with the creative process.
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK student on a full-time basis, the tuition fee will be £4,625 a year.
- UK student on a part-time basis, the tuition fee will be £51 per credit.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.