The Cultures of Arts, Science and Technology (Research) at Maastricht University is an intense and highly reputed programme. The programme is designed to give you the best possible preparation for a professional research position.You will study in Maastricht - the home of a world-leading research group in this field - and abroad, in an international research internship. You will be an original researcher who combines the strengths of philosophy, sociology, art and history to raise novel questions and to find relevant answers.
During your master’s, you will therefore not only study theories from:
- the arts and the qualitative social sciences
but you will also follow a number of courses that specifically focus on research methods such as:
- qualitative interviewing
- conceptual analysis
- archival research
- ethnographic observations and rhetorical
- narrative and discourse analysis
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Entering the field. The state of the art in studying the cultures of arts, science and technology
- Research colloquia STS and AMC
- The Rules of the Game. CAST Research Methods
- Changes in the Research System and training "Writing a Research Proposal"
- Preparation Research Internship
- Researching the Cultures of Arts, Science and Technology
- Joint Research Project
- Research Internship
- Thesis seminar and research colloquia, master classes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesVisual Arts Natural Sciences Technology Management View 36 other Masters in Visual Arts in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit proof of a bachelor's or master's degree,
- Submit your curriculum vitae,
- Write a letter of motivation,
- Submit one or preferably two writing sample(s),
- Demonstrate proficiency in English.
Besides the general requirements:
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your valid passport or your EU/EEA identity card
- A copy of your most recent certified grades transcript and a copy of your certified diploma
International13800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.