The Social Integration programme of Eötvös Loránd University is both theory-based and practice oriented. Courses are based on latest research in relevant fields, and students are given opportunities to test and apply their theoretical knowledge in practical situations. Approximately half of the program consists of trainings, seminars, and field work.
This program is recommended to applicants who are interested in the cultural, intercultural, and social aspects of psychology and education. We look for those applicants who see a great challenge in the organization of the working together of people of different sociocultural backgrounds, in the initiating and maintaining of intercultural dialogue, in the efficient resolution of emerging conflicts, and in profiting on the assets of diversity as well as in the promotion of the living together and successful cooperation of various minority and majority groups.
This program enables students to understand and effectively work with culturally diverse populations in different institutions and in different settings, ranging from small communities to multinational corporations. With their sound knowledge and competences in intercultural psychology and education, graduates of the program will be able to consciously treat the diversity of values in different societies, helping to promote social equity, human rights, social integration and cooperation of different minority and majority groups. Completing the program, students will be prepared to pursue doctoral studies, as well.
Strength of program
The program, which is one of the few of its kind in Europe, is strongly committed to interdisciplinary studies with a focus on psychological and educational issues. Focusing on the human dimensions of intercultural issues and interactions, while also giving ample consideration to their global context, the Program distinguishes macro-historical, macro-political or macro-sociological approaches.
Graduates will be able to understand the characteristics of intercultural relations and communication and co-ordinate the work of people from different cultures effectively in various fields both at national and international level in public administration, minority self-government, minority and mainstream media, schools as well as other formal and informal educational institutions, multi-national and civil organizations. After receiving an MA degree, students may apply to continue their studies in our PhD program.
- Social Integration Counsellor
- Coordinator at international office of universities
- Integration of migrants at organizations
- Person in charge of diversity managements at companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture: Definitions and Dimensions
- Minorities in Society
- Multiculturalism and Criticism of Multicultural Theories
- Minority and Majority Identity
- Human Rights and Minority Rights
- Prejudices and Ideologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Area & Cultural Studies View 10 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fully recognised studies: Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Education, Special Education, Sociology.
- In the case of degrees gained on other fields except for the mentioned ones above, each degree will be considered individually, and transcripts from your Bachelor's degree as well as course descriptions will be requested.
- Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): C1
- Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): C1
- Online application form
- Bachelor-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Statement of purpose
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Copy of application fee transfer
- Entrance exam fee transfer
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2900 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2900 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.