Students in this International Master of Landscape Architecture (IMLA) programme from Nürtingen-Geislingen University:
- interact in differing scenarios
- apply methodical approaches
- link planning and design
- improve leadership qualities
- make international contacts
- get involved in projects throughout Europe and beyond
- learn how to deal with various landscapes within different planning systems and cultures
- benefit from the joint know-how of two universities and their international partners
- get inspired by noted guest lectures
'Landscape architecture as a field of professional activity, and an academic discipline, is concerned with the shaping of landscapes at various scales. Core competences of landscape architecture centre on the process of intervention in landscapes to create new or revitalised places, by means of landscape planning, design and management, as well as by project implementation.'
The International Master of Landscape Architecture programme is accredited according to the standards of the German Accreditation Agency for Study Programmes in Architecture and Planning. It complies with the requirements of the IFLA Education Policy Document and the guidelines of the worldwide UNESCO / UIA Charter for Architectural Education.
- Planning and Project Management
- Information Technologies in Planning and Design
- Planning and Design Methods
- International Planning and Design
- Planning and Design Studios
- Master's Thesis and Electives
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Sustainable Development Landscape Architecture View 17 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of a successful completion of a Bachelor degree course in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Planning, Landscape Construction, Landscape Management, Architecture, Urban Planning, Spatial Planning, Environmental Planning or related disciplines with a planning and spatial relevance
- Successful completion of the selection process based on the following criteria: focus of study field, average grade and thesis subject of the first degree course, knowledge and experience gained as a result of practical work in Landscape Architecture or Spatial Planning (portfolio, duration of practical experience, etc.)
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Nürtingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.