The International Master of Landscape Architecture (IMLA) programme from the Nürtingen-Geislingen University focuses on current aspects of Landscape Architecture, also from an international perspective. At present the projects are mainly related to urban and peri-urban landscapes in Germany, Europe and beyond. Students in this programme
- interact in differing scenarios
- apply methodical approaches
- link planning and design
- improve leadership qualities
- make international contacts
- get involved in projects throughout Europe and beyond
- learn how to deal with various landscapes within different planning systems and cultures
- benefit from the joint know-how of two universities and their international partners
- get inspired by noted guest lectures
Location of studies
The programme location alternates each year between the cities Nürtingen and Freising (Weihenstephan) - depending on the year of the application. The IMLA lecturers teach at both universities.
The International Master of Landscape Architecture programme is accredited according to the standards of the German Accreditation Agency for Study Programmes in Architecture and Planning. It complies with the requirements of the IFLA Education Policy Document and the guidelines of the worldwide UNESCO / UIA Charter for Architectural Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning and Project Management
- Information Technologies in Planning and Design
- Planning and Design Methods
- International Planning and Design
- Planning and Design Studios
- Master's Thesis and Electives
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Sustainable Development Landscape Architecture View 11 other Masters in Architecture in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Motivation
- Certificate of successful completion of the final examination of the First Degree Course. If you have not yet completed your bachelor programme at the time of the application, please provide proof of the ECTS you have achieved so far, including grades
- Certificate of your Higher Education Entrance Qualification (HEEQ)/Higher Secondary Education (typically your school leaving certificate)
- If available, proof of professional practice in the field of your studies
- Digital portfolio providing an overview of your academic and, if available, professional work. Prioritiy will be given to portfolios showing experience in landscape and urban design, and sustainability topics.
- English Language Certificate (B2 Level based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- The IMLA programme is free of tuition for all residents of the European Union (EU).
- Non-EU citizens are required to pay a tuition fee of € 750 per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.