The Ageing Health and Wellbeing in Intellectual Disability programme of Trinity College Dublin will prepare them as leaders in quality and person centred care for people with intellectual disabilities as they age. The Trinity Centre for and Intellectual Disability, based at Trinity College Dublin, hosts IDS-TILDA, the world leading longitudinal research initiative focused on ageing and intellectual disability, the most complete multidisciplinary body of research in this field, directly informing policy and practice to enhance the lives of older people with intellectual disability. This new Interdisciplinary M.Sc. will be underpinned by research emanating from the IDS-TILDA study.
Candidates may apply to study on a full-time basis and take all modules in one year. All orientation and course content is delivered online; students are not required to attend onsite. The course will include 10 live webinars supported by discussion board topics and students’ contributions. This course may include clinical and practice based learning and assessment and students may be required to attend additional sessions at associated service provider sites as well as at the student’s practice base during year one of the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health and Well-Being for Older Adults with Intellectual Disability in Contemporary Society
- Principles and Perspectives of Service Delivery for Older Adults with Intellectual Disability
- Complex Care Realities for the Older Person with an Intellectual Disability (online)
- Theory and Practice of Enquiry Methods for Healthcare
- Leadership, Quality Improvement and Governance
- Advanced Knowledge Translation Practicum in and Intellectual Disability
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 252 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
- A 2.1 degree in the applicant’s field of practice or satisfy the selection committee that they have the academic ability to successfully complete the programme
- Current registration with the relevant professions’ regulatory body, where applicable.
- Applicants from across a broad spectrum of professional backgrounds will be considered and are invited to apply
- Applicants without a primary degree, in exceptional circumstances when they satisfy the Admissions Sub-committee may be recommended.
International20677 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20677 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10346 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10346 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.