Students will also have the opportunity to study comparative Semitic linguistics as part of the course. Graduates will be well placed to pursue further research in a PhD programme, to use their skills and knowledge in the heritage sector, in education, or in any other field where cultural understanding, linguistic skills, and high-level critical thinking, analysis, and communication skills are needed.
The Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (Hebrew and Semitic Studies) offered by the University of Cambridge will equip its graduates with the skills and knowledge to research independently and effectively aspects of Hebrew and Semitic Studies, including further development of their skills in reading Hebrew or other Middle Eastern source materials.
Graduates will also be able to show a sophisticated understanding of the wider fields of Semitic linguistics and Middle Eastern Studies and the ability to communicate their knowledge and their research findings effectively.
- Students of the Hebrew and Semitic Studies pathway study three taught modules and write a thesis of not more than 15,000-words. A core taught module provides a full overview of the wider field of Middle Eastern Studies and on-going training and support in preparation for the dissertation. The two optional modules provide specialist training in specific aspects of the subject.
- Students are also encouraged to engage in various training courses and reading groups in the department of Middle Eastern Studies, as well as the department’s fortnightly research seminars, and the many other research events taking place across the wider university.
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Linguistics View 351 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cambridge and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK High II.i Honours Degree.
- Two academic references
- Evidence of competence in English
- Statement of interest
- Research proposal
- Sample of work
International28893 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28893 GBP per year during 11 months.
National12525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12525 GBP per year during 11 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.