If you are interested in nanotechnology, then this Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials master’s degree at Ca' Foscari University of Venice equips you with the knowledge of material science, chemistry and biology that becoming an expert in the design and synthesis of new bio- and nanomaterials requires. The programme pairs traditional lectures and laboratory classes that teach you how to prepare bio- and nanomaterials and to explore their chemical-physical characteristics, properties, methods of preparation and applications. During your studies, you are given the chance to carry out an internship and learn on the job at research laboratories and companies both in Italy and abroad.
Launching your career
Thanks to the skills and knowledge you will possess as a graduate, you will be able to work in the technical sectors of companies that produce, market, transform or develop materials either structured or functional bio- and nanomaterials. Possible professional profiles include:
- Chemical information management specialist
- Industrial and commercial consultant
- Specialised consultant
- R&D manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nanomaterials Chemistry and Laboratory
- Fundamentals of Nanotechnology
- Mathematical Methods for Physics
- Microscopy and Structural Characterization Techniques
- Fundamentals of Spectroscopy
- Biomacromolecular Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
There are five admission rounds for admission in the fall of 2021, so earlier the round in which you apply, the sooner you'll find out if you have been accepted
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 11 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to be elgibile for admission, you need to have a minimum of 50 ECTS in specific study areas. Check the programme's official web page for details or contact us!
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV to make sure you have adequate personal preparation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2061 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2061 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
To make education as affordable as possible to all, Ca' Foscari offers tuition fee reductions to students coming from non-OECD countries, with fees sometimes as low as 700 euro per year. Contact us for more information.
For high-achieving international students, Ca' Foscari offers:
- renewable tuition fee waivers
- one-time scholarships of €5,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.