DTU is following the COVID-19 situation and its impact closely, please consult the webpage to get the latest updates.
Environmental Engineering is a broad, interdisciplinary programme focusing on the technical and environmental sciences.
As a graduate MSc in Environmental Engineering from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) , you will be able to design, conduct, and interpret laboratory and field experiments and can quantify the hazards, risks, and uncertainties of environmental problems.
Study programme focus
During the period of study, you will gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the physical, chemical, and biological processes causing local and global environmental challenges. You will be involved in experimental projects and learn about the processes through mathematical models and statistical analysis of data and measurements.
You will be provided with problem-solving techniques designed to avoid or minimize environmental impact. You will also have the opportunity to study the latest technologies used in western society and gain insight into the challenges facing the developing countries. In addition, you will learn about urban planning, occupational health and safety, environmental regulations, and environmental management.
This study programme gives you the opportunity to enroll in a joint international master's programmes and gain a unique specialization.
- Environmental Engineering (EPFL)
- Environmental Engineering (TUM)
- Nordic Master in Environmental Engieneering (N5T)
- Water and Environment (SDC)
Environmental Engineering graduates can be employed in public administrations and companies offering environmental and construction consultancy. For instance, you can be involved in the planning of pipe and sewer systems, run water treatment and supply, organize resource recycling, manage product safety, install remediation technology for contamination cases, or deal with environmental inspection and restoration of natural environments.You might also get the chance of employment in Danish companies or organizations engaged in environmental work abroad, including environmental management and production optimization.Our graduates have found jobs with, among others:
- universities and research institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Water Treatment: Biochemical Processes
Applied Analytical Environmental Chemistry
Chemicals in the environment
Environmental and Resource Economics
Modelling of Environmental Processes and Technologies
Environmental Management and Ethics
Innovation in Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Sciences Urban Planning View 12 other Masters in Urban Planning in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and/or in Denmark, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for admission to the Master of Science in Environmental Engineering should hold a bachelors degree in engineering in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, BSc Engineering (Chemistry biotechnology or other relevant areas).
- A strong, working knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences is a prerequisite. A year's full time study at DTU amounts to 60 ECTS points. The MSc programme builds on a bachelor curriculum with at least 45 ECTS points in mathematics and the natural sciences, with a minimum of points in the following subjects:
- Mathematics 20 ECTS points
- Chemistry 10 ECTS points
- Physics 10 ECTS points
- Additional courses in computing, mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry or biology so that the total amount of courses in the natural sciences amounts to 45 ECTS points.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.