Cosmetic Science MSc at Liverpool John Moores University has been designed to introduce new concepts, ideas and methods to students, whilst also encouraging them to become more independent thinkers.
The curriculum has been designed in consultation with industry to enable you to develop the higher level academic knowledge and practical skills required by the cosmetics sector.
On graduation you will be able to produce and market new products for potential employers in the industry, as well as be in a position to start your own business.
There may be opportunities to undertake a research project at a cosmetic science company as part of the programme.
LJMU has an excellent employability record with 96% (HESA 2017) of our postgraduates in work or further study six months after graduation. Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
This programme offers a coherent and progressive education, providing expertise and knowledge in formulation, testing, regulation and licensing ready for employment in the cosmetic, perfumery and related industries.
Although the majority of graduates will go on to secure employment in cosmetic and perfumery companies, there is also the option to progress your academic studies by studying for a PhD.
- Research Methods
- Formulation and Characterisation of Cosmetics
- Physiology and Toxicology
- Safety Assessment of Cosmetics
- Manufacture of Cosmetics
- Business Planning for Cosmetic Science
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry View 163 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2:2 honours degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, and Microbiology or related Science disciplines
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for guidance
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.