If you’re looking to pursue a psychology-related career or further professional training in Psychology, this highly regarded conversion course offered by the University of Bolton is ideal. Maybe you’re considering a future in educational, occupational or clinical psychology, but don’t have enough credits in psychology at undergraduate level. Or perhaps your psychology degree didn’t come with eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartership of the British Psychological Society. Either way, this course is a great solution.
The programme modules cover specific areas of psychology equivalent to those in the British Psychological Society‘s qualification exam, and will give you an opportunity to achieve a firm grounding in psychological theories, approaches and research methods.
While most of your modules will be at Master’s level, you can expect to study in classes alongside our undergraduate students. Learning alongside our undergraduates offers you the opportunity to share in a wider variety of opinions and experiences, helping to broaden your view of psychology. We then offer separate Master’s-level tutorials, designed specifically for our MSc Psychology (Conversion) students, to support your achievement of postgraduate academic and critique skills.
Psychology courses at Bolton benefit from excellent facilities and committed, enthusiastic staff – many of whom are involved in leading research that will support your studies.
- You can enjoy support from approachable staff with a diverse range of research interests.
- Our well-equipped department is home to innovative methods of teaching and assessment.
- You’ll have the chance to learn how to apply advanced critical analysis and evidence-based reasoning to current research and methodology.
- We’ll support you to develop much sought-after transferable skills as you prepare for postgraduate employment or training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Social and Critical Psychology
- Advanced Biopsychology
- Advanced Cognitive Psychology
- Advanced Personality and Developmental Psychology
- Psychological and Social Research: Review, Evaluation and Design
- MSc Conversion Research Methods
- MSc Psychology (Conversion) Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 279 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- Normally, you should have at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree (2.1) in a relevant subject; for instance, social science or science.
- If you don’t meet the entry requirements listed above, but can offer alternative evidence of your capacity to succeed on this course, we’ll be happy to consider your application.
- You’ll be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bolton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.