The programme Biochemistry for Heath of Universidade Nova de Lisboa relies on the strong scientific and educational expertise of Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, and Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier to access multidisciplinary areas of research and development in several sectors of industry and services related to Human Health, including Pharmaceutical Industry, Clinical Analysis, and Biotechnology.
Students have the opportunity to gain strong basic knowledge in Biochemistry, especially in its interface with Biophysics, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry (particularly with a pharmacological perspective), and Social Sciences.
The graduate from the NOVA Master programme in Biochemistry for Health will have a solid and versatile training in Biochemistry, a valuable tool for a national or international career in the following areas:
- R&D in Biotechnology and Pharmacy
- Food Industry
- Laboratories for biochemical and biomedical analyses
- Cosmetics and Pharma Industry
- Public health and medical research
- Regulatory commissions and bodies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Effects of Radiation
- Human Genetics
- Molecular Immunology
- Structural Biochemistry
- Synthetic and Systems Biology
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- "Licenciado" or Master degree or its legal equivalent in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Health Sciences or related fields;
- Foreign University degree obtained after a first or second cycle of studies in the scientific fields mentioned in a), organized in observance of the principles of the Bologna Treaty by a member State that signed this Treaty;
- Foreign University degree obtained in the scientific fields mentioned in a) that has been recognized as fulfilling the objectives of a "licenciado" degree by the Scientific Councils of FCT-UNL, ITQB-UNL or FCM-UNL;
- Academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized as sufficient to enroll in the study cycle by the Scientific Council of the Master in Biochemistry for Health.
- GPA of prior academic degree(s);
- Academic and scientific curriculum;
- Professional curriculum;
- Interview (tie-break);
- Identification document
- One photo (recent)
- Curriculum Vitae
International2700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2700 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1063 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 1063,47 € for Portuguese and EU nationals
- 1080,00 € for nationals of CPLP countries
- 2700,00 € for all others
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.