The Advanced Materials Science programme from Karl-Franzens University of Graz is taught in English. The range of courses is diverse, interdisciplinary and university-wide. This degree aims to train material scientists capable of undertaking a broad range of complex tasks for the development of new materials in industry and research. Students therefore learn principles of physics and chemistry as well as the engineering skills needed for developing, processing, characterising, modelling and using materials.
Opportunities to specialise mean that students can adapt the degree to their personal interests. Emphasis can be placed on one of the following three areas: Metals and ceramics, semiconductor processing and nanotechnology or biobased materials.
In addition to subject-specific knowledge, students develop interdisciplinary key skills such as teamwork skills, oral and written communication and presentation competences, interdisciplinary thinking skills and problem solving competences.
- Graduates of the master's programme will have received a sound research-oriented and practical education and have a broad knowledge of fundamental principles of material sciences and their application in technology.
- They also have solid knowledge of materials, methods and strategies of material sciences.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Materials Science
- Materials Characterization and Materials Laboratory
- Metals and Ceramics
- Semiconductor Processing and Nanotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 6 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Austria
- Copy of passport
- Original evidence of accomplished Bachelor/ Diploma (transcript of records and degree diploma)
- In the country where the Bachelor/Diploma degree was received, original evidence of admission to equivalent Master studies also stating general duration of this study programme at a recognized university for the semester/year in which admission in Graz is sought (EU/ EEA citizen excluded)
- prove your English language competence
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 726 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.