On the MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship degree course at University of Portsmouth , you'll also discover how to use innovation to make a difference in your own business and in other organisations, and learn about important areas of entrepreneurship – including product development, intellectual property, and entrepreneurship theory and practice.
At the end of the course, you'll have the opportunity to a 12-month work placement. This can be self-employed if you're a UK citizen.
When you graduate, you can expect to find employment in business management or consultancy, whatever size of business. You'll also be able to pursue roles in marketing, product development, innovation, and research and development.
What you’ll experience
On this course you'll:
- Learn business planning, the development and marketing of new products, and financial management
- Understand concepts of innovation management and entrepreneurship, theories, models and analytical frameworks, and their application in business policy and strategy
- Benefit from our research, consultancy projects, visits from external guest speakers and live case studies
- Be supported by academic staff with expertise in the area, including Professor Paul Trott, whose book "Innovation Management and New Product Development" is recommended reading for students all over the world
- Tap in to the resources available to students who are actively involved with entrepreneurial business activities through our Student and Graduate Enterprise Team
- Have 24/7 access to our library's extensive resources, including books, ejournals and newspapers
- Research, plan and produce an independent project, expanding on your understanding of innovation management or entrepreneurship and giving you the opportunity to specialise in an area of your choice
- Have the chance to apply your skills and knowledge on a 12-month work placement at the end of the course
Careers and opportunities
You'll be able to pursue management careers in the private and public sector, in innovation management, entrepreneurship, and the management of small enterprises.
Career opportunities include:
- New product development
- Research and development
- Project management
- The arts
You'll also be able to enter a career in business, manufacturing, healthcare and knowledge management, or in a consultancy-based role.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Entrepreneurship Theory
- Entrepreneurship & Business Venturing
- Innovation Management
- Management of New Product Development
- Research methods & Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Innovation Management View 161 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.