The Master of Public Health programme at University of Wolverhampton is aimed at a wide range of people from both the UK and abroad, from NHS and non-NHS backgrounds including those in primary or secondary care, health authorities and primary care trusts, nursing and professions related to medicine, health promotion, health care research, health management and anyone wishing to develop a career in public health.
Potential Career Paths
Career choices encompass many disciplines including roles in public health, health promotion, health statistics, epidemiology, clinical governance, health care research, health technology assessment and public health nursing, where you will find that a Masters-level qualification is increasingly required.
Many of our home students have gone on to work within public health departments in the UK and other related areas of health. International students have developed their careers in public health within their own countries of origin. Students have also gone on to work with the WHO, the UN and other international organizations.
- Advanced Research Skills
- Assessing the Health Needs of Populations
- Health Protection and Health Improvement
- Leading Transformation and Change
- Public Health, Epidemiology and Statistics
- Research Dissertation
- Social Perspectives on Health and Health Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1768 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You should have a good Honours degree (2:1) or equivalent in a health related area (health related being public health, health and social care, public health nursing, nutrition, pharmacology, health psychology, dentistry) or any other degree deemed appropriate by the Admissions Tutor.
- Qualification in medicine (with a focus on public health medicine or community medicine) A 2:2 degree in a health related topic (see criteria above) with additional public health experience may be considered.
- Any 'non-standard' qualification judged by the award team to be equivalent of the above (e.g. a relevant professional qualification or public health-related experience).
International14450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7995 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7995 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home - Part-time ( + Distance Learning) £3998 per year
- International Full time Distance Learning - £7995 per year
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.