- Follow the School Direct route if you want to spend most of your time learning how to teach in schools
- Learn with university led training sessions with dedicated primary specialist tutor
- Receive recommendation for the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on a course ranked as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted - the highest possible accolade
- Study flexibly over two years; allowing you to work alongside your studies
- Join a recently revalidated programme where the content ensures your training is up to date and meets Ofsted stardards
- Choose a route that matches your career aspirations - choose Early Years (3-7), Primary (5-11) or Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) which encompasses either Early Years (3-7) or Primary (5-11)
- Benefit from our strong network of partnership schools so that you gain varied, challenging and effective practical experience
- Be inspired by our team of dedicated, friendly tutors who are renowned internationally for high quality teaching and research
- Take your career prospects to the next level: at the end of this course, you will receive 60 credits towards a masters degree
There are few professions as important and satisfying as teaching. Successful completion of this Primary (School Direct) with Qualified Teacher Status programme from University of Derby gives you the ideal springboard into a worthwhile career: a PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status, 60 credits at masters level and substantial practical experience.
The School Direct route is a popular choice for students who would like to secure a role in the network of schools where they train and we pride ourselves on producing highly employable graduates. Ofsted said: “Many trainees gain teaching posts before they finish their training and almost all have obtained a teaching post within a very short time of leaving the University.”
In a profession with lots of opportunities for career progression, we also give you a stepping stone towards a masters degree. With your 60 credits at masters level, you can ‘fast track’ to stage two of a masters degree and accelerate your professional development. Our MA Education is an excellent option, especially if you have your sights set on more senior roles such as head teacher or deputy head teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice and Pedagogy
- Understanding Learners: Raising Aspiration For All
- Curriculum Studies: Design and Pedagogy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 420 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You must have a good UK Honours degree (preferably 2:1) or equivalent, plus grade 4 or above in GCSE Mathematics, English Language and a Science. You need to have already gained the required GCSE grades when you apply. There are currently a range of equivalences which can be accepted - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need clarification.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required at the point of accepting a place at the University. The Disclosure and Barring Service was established when the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) merged in 2012 and will now provide the criminal records checking service for this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.