- Study a course ranked as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted – the highest possible accolade
- Gain substantial practical experience on teaching placements in our partnership schools across the region
- Be inspired by our team of dedicated, friendly tutors who are renowned internationally for high quality teaching and research
- Choose a curriculum enhancement in a range of subjects to advance your skills in a specific area
- Take your career prospects to the next level: at the end of this course, you will receive 60 credits towards a masters degree
The PGCE Primary with Qualified Teacher Status from the University of Derby leads to the recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and prepares you for a fulfilling career where you can make a real difference to children’s lives. You will be fully equipped for the practical demands of the role, including teaching all the National Curriculum subjects.
There are few professions as important and satisfying as teaching. This course offers the ideal route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), enabling you to embark directly upon your career in a school and to develop your role as a teacher in today's society.
We pride ourselves on producing highly employable graduates. Ofsted said: “Many trainees gain teaching posts before they finish their training and almost all have obtained a teaching post within a very short time of leaving the University.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice: Becoming a Teacher
- Professional Practice: Aiming for Excellence
- Professional Studies: Understanding Aspiration and Achievement
- Curriculum Studies: Principles of the Primary Curriculum
- Professional and Curriculum Enhancement - for this module, you will choose a subject such as Maths, English, Science, Wider Curriculum, PE, Inclusion or Primary Modern Foreign Languages
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 327 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have a good UK Honours degree (preferably 2:1) or equivalent, plus grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics, English Language and a Science. You need to have already gained the required GCSE grades when you apply.
Demand for places on the course is very high, so you must also:
- be able to communicate clearly and in spoken and written English, with a good understanding of correct grammar
- meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach
- meet all the Department for Education entry requirements for Initial Teacher Education courses including suitability and fitness to teach checks
- have successfully gained a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.