This is an intensive part-time course encompassing the science of skin ageing and aesthetics, the application of evidence-based practice, and the clinical assessment and management of patients presenting with aesthetic problems.
You will be encouraged to develop a translational, professional approach to learning throughout the course, which can be applied to your future learning.
In addition, supervision and training is provided by national and international leaders working in aesthetic research, regulation and clinical practice. The combination of research and clinical expertise in skin ageing and aesthetic medicine at The University of Manchester and Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust will enable you to learn from an interdisciplinary faculty of dermatologists, plastic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons, maxillo-facial surgeons, dentists and psychologists, in addition to skin ageing and wound research basic scientists.
The theoretical component of this course is delivered online. You are also required to attend an induction day at the main University campus and two residential weeks (exact dates to be confirmed).
With the gap in training highlighted by the UK government review of cosmetic practice, it is likely all aesthetic practitioners in the UK will need to provide evidence of their credentials.
The Skin Ageing and Aesthetic Medicine course offered at The University of Manchester does not provide a professional competence framework, but goes beyond this to offer integrated knowledge and the application of critical skills enveloped within high quality professional behaviours.
Graduates of this course will acquire a comprehensive knowledge base that can be applied to their future or current clinical practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods & Governance
- Personal and Professional Portfolio
- Fundamentals of Skin Ageing
- Injectables in Aesthetic Medicine
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Lasers in Aesthetic Medicine
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 180 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Academic entry qualification overview
- We require a medical or dental degree (eg MBBS, BDS, LDS, BDChB) or overseas equivalent from an institution that is recognised and approved by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) or the General Dental Council (GDC). No other applicants will be considered for this course.
- You must also have been practicing for several years and be registered with the GMC or GDC with a full licence to practice and evidence of membership of the appropriate professional defence union, so you can perform clinical procedures during our residential weeks.
International9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9600 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA4200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4200 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
PGDip (part-time distance learning)
- UK/EU students (per annum): £4,200 per annum
- International students (per annum): £9,600 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.