It intends to help close the gap of knowledge, skills, culture and language that exists between functional managers and information systems professionals - a gap that results in the majority of information systems, including e-government, e-commerce, and e-development systems, under-performing or becoming failures.
You'll therefore graduate in a strong position to lead the successful development and implementation of new information systems in a wide range of organisations. By the course's end, you will have been provided with:
- conceptual frameworks to understand the role of management of information, of information technology and of information systems in organisations;
- new knowledge and skills to help in the effective planning, development implementation and management of information systems;
- new knowledge and skills to help in the effective management and change of organisations.
This Management and Information Systems-Change and Development (Distance Learning) course from The University of Manchester is designed to develop two groups of participants: functional managers who wish to take greater control over, and make a more direct contribution to, change in their organisations via the development and implementation of information systems; and information systems professionals who wish to improve the success rate of the information systems they develop or use, and who may also wish to upgrade their management skills and knowledge.
It will be relevant to those with career trajectories in the private, public, and NGO sectors, and it is particularly appropriate for those working in or with newly-developed, transitional and developing countries. Our graduates have an impressive career record in the UK or in their home countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Information and Information Systems
- Issues in the Management of Information Systems
- e-Business - Organisation and Strategy
- Research Methods
- Organisational Behaviour
- Organisation Development and Change
- Human Resource Practice
- International Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Risk Management Business Information Systems View 19 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
- If your academic background is not directly related to the programme, you should supply an academic-standard writing sample on a subject related to the programme.
- If English is not your native language, then you should provide an academic-standard writing sample in English directly related to the subject.
- We accept a range of qualifications from different countries that equate to a UK 2.1. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country .
International1292 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1292 GBP per module during 24 months.
National833 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 833 GBP per module during 24 months.
per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.