The focus on following the process through inception, feasibility and planning of projects differentiates this course from operational construction management. As a student you will experience a combination of structured learning with problem-based scenarios and research that will develop your capabilities for critical thinking, argument, creativity and encourage your innovation all of which are brought into the practical decision making processes encountered in built environment projects.
Why choose this course?
This Construction Project Management course at University of Wolverhampton will enable you to appraise, analyse and evaluate the art and science of construction project management covering the areas of strategy, control, technical, commercial, legal, financial and organisational issues. You will reflect on and make cases for the integration of the technical (hard) and social (soft) management styles required within the context of strategic and operational construction projects.
This flexible course can enable qualification at post graduate certificate and diploma levels on successful completion of a requisite number of modules and credits. Individual modules may be used as part of Continuous Professional Development courses offered by the University and its partners.
- Advanced Project Planning and Control
- Forms of Contract
- Operational Construction Project Management
- Research Methods and Professional Skills
- Financial Management of Projects
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Construction Management View 292 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree in a construction related discipline, or equivalent, is required for direct entry onto the Master’s programme.
- Students are selected using application form and references in the first instance. However, if you have a compatible non-cognate degree and/or have relevant industrial experience you may be interviewed and if successful offered a place on the Masters course or on the postgraduate certificate version of the course with the potential to extend this to a full Master’s degree. or A Postgraduate Certificate in a construction related discipline, or a related subject with a minimum of grade C in all modules.
International14450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7995 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7995 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home - Part-time/distance learning - £3998 per year
International Part-time Distance Learning - £3998 per year
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.