We cater to the practical needs of healthcare and legal professionals and those in related fields. Although the LLM course covers both ethics and law, the focus is on law.
The Healthcare Ethics and Law (Distance Learning) from The University of Manchester students will then study two law-based options and complete a predominantly law-based dissertation.
- Offer you the opportunity to gain a comprehensive knowledge and firm understanding of healthcare ethics and healthcare law.
- Provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills needed to apply your understanding to real world scenarios in a diverse range of contexts.
- Develop the skills needed for research and academic writing.
Alumni profiles - John O'Malley and Raynor Griffiths
Successful graduates of the LLM are able to progress within a wide variety of roles in medical, legal and ethical fields.
Graduates from previous years have, for example, proceeded to specialise in medico-legal practice and academic careers, and the degrees have enhanced the careers of health care professionals.
- Philosophical Bioethics (Distance-Learning)
- Medico-Legal Problems (Distance Learning)
- Mental Health Law and Policy
- Medicine, Law & Society
- International Issues in Health Care Law and Ethics (Distance Learning)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Civil & Private Law View 152 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You must hold a minimum Upper Second class honours degree, or the overseas equivalent, in a relevant subject (eg medicine, law, philosophy, nursing, religious studies).
- If you hold a relevant degree but do not reach the entry qualification for the LLM, you may apply for the Postgraduate Diploma (see details of entry requirements for the Postgraduate Diploma).
- If you initially enrolled on the Postgraduate Diploma course, you will be considered for a transfer to the LLM. A decision as to whether a transfer can take place will be made once marks for all taught components are available. Transfer is dependent upon you reaching master's level in the taught units.
International9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4750 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!