This Healthcare Ethics and Law from The University of Manchester course requires the study of both ethics and law, but with a bias towards law in the taught units. On the distance learning course, all options taken must be law-based. On the campus-based course, the majority of options should be law-based.
This course will allow you to develop an expert knowledge and understanding of bioethical and medico-legal theories, and the skills needed to apply them to real world scenarios in a diverse range of contexts.
You will also develop the ethical and medico-legal knowledge and research skills required for writing a master's level dissertation, and will be well prepared for further research if you so desire.
Successful graduates are able to progress within a wide variety of roles in the Medical, Legal and Ethical fields. Graduates from previous years have, for example, proceeded to specialise in Medico-Legal practice and academic careers, and the degrees have enhanced the careers of health care professionals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Philosophical Bioethics
- Medico-Legal Problems
- Mental Health Law and Policy
- Ethics & Genetics and Genomics
- Global Health Law and Bioethics
- Research Ethics
- Medicine, Law and Society
- Children, Medicine and the Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Civil & Private Law View 75 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United Kingdom
- The LLM applicants must hold a minimum Upper Second class honours degree, or the overseas equivalent, in law or in a relevant subject. Those applicants who do not satisfy the entry requirements for direct entry onto our LLM course may wish to be considered for entry onto the Postgraduate Diploma course.
- In exceptional circumstances candidates who do not have first degree, but who can demonstrate professional competence, may be admitted on the Postgraduate Diploma course.
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.