The aim of this specialization is to educate American students who are comprehensively prepared for professional work, whose professional competences will combine fluent practical knowledge of the English language with theoretical knowledge of diplomatic processes, international and intercultural relations, as well as practical skills in the field of diplomacy and intercultural communication.
- Graduates in the English Studies - American and Canadian Studies for Intercultural Communications and Diplomacy program at University of Silesia in Katowice will be prepared to work in mid-level public and diplomatic administration units, in local government units, in companies operating internationally and in other organizations, institutions and companies in positions requiring fluent knowledge of foreign languages and diplomatic skills.
- Teaching specializations prepare the student for the teaching profession, so they include methodology of teaching a foreign language, pedagogy, psychology and voice emission.
- Future translators learn the second chosen language (German, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese or Korean) and learn the techniques of interpretation and translation. Specializations: Culture and literature of the English language area and Culture - media - translation include classes in literary and cultural studies, translation of literary and applied texts and linguistic communication.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Languages Legal Studies View 6 other Masters in Languages in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- candidates who obtained a first-cycle diploma in the field of English philology or in the field of philology, specialization: English and
- candidates who have obtained a diploma of completing first-cycle studies, second-cycle studies or long-cycle studies and have one of the following documents confirming the advanced level of English language proficiency:
- British Council IELTS certificate (with a minimum total score of 7.0),
- TOEFL iBT certification (with a minimum total score of 100),
- TOEFL BPT certification (with a minimum total score of 600),
- Cambridge CAE certificate (minimum B level),
- Cambridge CPE certificate (minimum C level),
- PTE Academic Certificate (with a minimum total score of 70),
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (minimum grade for the English language exam selected as Language A or B - 5).
- Additional requirements:
International279 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 559 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 2550 PLN international
Living costs for Katowice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.