Combining core research skills with specialist criminology and criminal justice teaching from research-active staff, this course encourages you to critically examine the theoretical foundations that underpin applied criminological research.
The Criminology course from The University of Manchester also provides formal, comprehensive, multi-disciplinary training in research methodologies and transferable employment related skills, for those interested in applying for a PhD and/or planning a professional research career in the voluntary, public or private sectors.
This degree is designed to appeal to recent graduates looking to work for local or central government and criminal justice agencies, for example:
- as a criminal intelligence analyst within the police;
- voluntary sector and NGOs;
- pressure groups;
- think-tanks (such as The Howard League Reform Trust); and
- roles within the private sector.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Dissertation (MRes Criminology)
- Designing Criminological Research
- Advanced Theoretical Criminology
- Evaluating Policy & Practice
- Data Analysis with R & RStudio
- Qualitative Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCriminology View 135 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
- A minimum Upper Second class honours degree, or the overseas equivalent, is required in your first degree. A social science subject is advantageous but not necessary.
- Applicants who are not from or did not graduate from a majority English speaking country as defined by the UKVI are required to hold one of the following English language qualifications
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.