Combining core research skills with specialist criminology and criminal justice teaching from research-active staff, this course encourages you to critically examine the theoretical foundations that underpin applied criminological research.
The Criminology course from The University of Manchester also provides formal, comprehensive, multi-disciplinary training in research methodologies and transferable employment related skills, for those interested in applying for a PhD and/or planning a professional research career in the voluntary, public or private sectors.
This degree is designed to appeal to recent graduates looking to work for local or central government and criminal justice agencies, for example:
- as a criminal intelligence analyst within the police;
- voluntary sector and NGOs;
- pressure groups;
- think-tanks (such as The Howard League Reform Trust); and
- roles within the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation (MRes Criminology)
- Designing Criminological Research
- Advanced Theoretical Criminology
- Evaluating Policy & Practice
- Data Analysis with R & RStudio
- Qualitative Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 173 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
- A minimum Upper Second class honours degree, or the overseas equivalent, is required in your first degree. A social science subject is advantageous but not necessary.
- Applicants who are not from or did not graduate from a majority English speaking country as defined by the UKVI are required to hold one of the following English language qualifications
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.