With modules covering international relations; strategy and conflict history; cyber-security; intelligence and future conflict, the International Affairs course’s multidisciplinary approach developed by King's College London enables you to gain a holistic understanding of the global security industry and the challenges it faces.
Join a world-renowned top 10 UK university and become part of a distinguished network of alumni.
Learn from high-profile, world-leading, academics in the field of security and defence.
Learn the history, international relations, strategic and political theory that surrounds the world’s most intricate security challenges.
Draw upon knowledge and research from the Defence Studies Department, the School of Security Studies and the Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy.
Achieve a PG Cert in less than a year, Postgraduate Diploma in 16 months and an MA in two years.
The course is ideal for anyone seeking to pursue a career in any industries addressing concerns over international affairs. This may include roles in Civil Service, NGOs, local or national government, armed forces, the Home Office, policy think tanks, or private intelligence and security companies. It may also be suitable for journalists or parliamentary advisers reporting on international issues.
The course presents students with advanced knowledge in international diplomatic and security strategies with the goal of advancing them to leadership-level positions in these fields. This makes it ideal for professionals hoping to advance their existing careers or change careers into a profession within international or conflict politics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Relations
- Seapower & National Strategy
- Proxy Wars & Hybrid Wars
- Cyber Security in the Information Age
- Intelligence, Espionage & Surveillance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Start dates and deadlines:
- 8th September - 25th August
- 3rd November - 20th October
- 12th January - 22nd December
- 9th March - 23rd February
- 11th May - 27th April
- 6th July - 22nd June
- MA: modules totalling 180 credits
- PG Dip: modules totalling 120 credits
- PG Cert: modules totalling 60 credits
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 43 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
2:1 honours undergraduate degree in any subject.
- Candidates who achieve 2:2 honours but have relevant professional or voluntary experience may be considered. A CV and reference will be required at the point of application.
- Candidates without a degree but presenting with demonstrable significant work experience in a related area may also be considered. A CV, reference and 500 word written statement addressing the question “What are the key global security issues facing the world today? How might they be studied in a rigorous fashion?” will be required at the point of application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- PG Cert: £5,600
- PG Dip: £11,200
- MA: £16,800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.