Bringing together the knowledge & skills of staff at the Marginalized & Endangered Worldviews study centre and the Moral Foundations of Economy & Society research centre, taught through students’ active participation in international summer schools & colloquia, as well as classroom seminars, and with practical fieldwork opportunities in Latin America, India, and several sites throughout Europe including Ireland, this Masters degree in Anthropology from University College Cork offers a unique opportunity to gain intercultural competencies as well as professional and transferable skills.
It will appeal to students with a strong international and intellectual outlook who seek a deeper understanding of the cultural, political and social challenges of the 21st Century.
Anthropologists can be universally employed as intercultural competency, socio-cultural reflexivity and cultural literacy represent key social and educational skills in contemporary societies. Identified career paths are
- Higher Education
- International and national politics
- Anthropology: Paradigms & Theories
- Ethnography, Practice and Writing
- International Political Anthropology Summer School
- Economy and Society Summer School
- International MEWSC Anthropology Winter School
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAnthropology History View 39 other Masters in History in Ireland
- A supporting letter which should outline your intellectual biography and your reasons for pursuing postgraduate studies in Anthropology.
- A research proposal which should outline, as precisely as possible, a research topic on which you propose to write a dissertation. It should identify a question, issue or problem; develop hypotheses concerning the problem; show the theoretical framework within which the problem and hypotheses are formulated; and indicate the ethnographic fieldwork method(s) which you will apply.
- Prospective applicants may be required to present themselves for interview. The interviewing of overseas applicants may be conducted by skype.
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.