The Counselling programme of University of Worcester will prepare you for a range of therapeutic occupations across the statutory, private and voluntary sectors.
You can tailor your course to your preferences by choosing from a number of pathways. You also have the option to study part-time, providing you with a flexible degree that can fit alongside your busy life. After you've completed the course, you'll be able to register for professional training or further study. Whatever your career interests may be, we will support you to become a confident and experienced counselling practitioner.
- Available as a full-time (one year) or part-time (up to six years) course.
- The opportunity to complete Intermediate Counselling Awards, providing flexibility for our students.
- A combination of teaching methods including group seminars, lead lectures, individual tutorials and online resources.
- Staff with extensive experience in a range of psychology and psychotherapeutic settings.
- Progress to further study on a Clinical or Counselling psychology Doctorate courses.
Where could it take you?
Our programme will prepare you for a range of therapeutic occupations across the statutory, private and voluntary sectors.
You can also progress to further study, providing a strong platform for a Clinical or Counselling psychology Doctorate courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theory for Practice: Towards an Integrative Approach
- The Psychology of Mental Health
- Advanced Research Analysis
- Development in Therapeutic Interventions
- Managing the Therapeutic Relationship and Change
- Professional, Political and Social Context of Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Practice
- 12 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 94 other Masters in Counselling in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:2 Honours degree in Psychology. Other qualifications, together with appropriate experience, or substantial related experience alone, will be considered.
- International students must hold a qualification equivalent to a UK first or second class hours degree.
- The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK / EU, EEA: 590 GBP per 10 credits
- NON-EU / EEA: 1,142 GBP per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.