This Primary Early Years Initial Teacher Education (3-7) from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is a very popular course and competition for places is high, so an early application is essential (please note the UTT dates for applications). We regret that fierce competition for a limited number of places means that we have to disappoint many candidates. You should ensure that you meet the entry requirements and have sufficient observation experience in relevant settings.
Careers / Further study
PGCE programmes include 60 credits assessed at master's level.
As a trainee teacher, you will be joining a modern and well-regarded course to train to teach across the 11-16 age range and gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The module areas you will study are:
- Theories underpinning pedagogical approaches
- Planning and implementing appropriate teaching strategies and classroom management
- Subject studies
- Current educational policy and practice
- Evaluation of learner needs and the educational impact of their teaching
- Professional skills and attributes, including keeping children safe
- The use of evidence-based practice
- Feedback and assessment of teaching against the English Teachers' Standards, supported by a university tutor and school based mentor.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 398 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- An undergraduate degree, or a recognised equivalent qualification. This is typically 2:2 or higher but we will look at all applications against the demands of the course.
- GCSE grade C/4 in English Language, Mathematics and Science, or equivalent.
Our PGCE courses include a high level of placement based learning and working with children. We would encourage all applicants to get as much relevant experience of working or volunteering with children to help prepare them for this crucial element of their course.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.