The Quantitative Finance programme at the University of Glasgow will provide you will a detailed understanding of:
- the structure of financial markets and forecasting of financial data
- theoretical models in the core areas of quantitative finance, such as option pricing and hedging
- advanced econometric and calibration methods to construct practical models of asset prices using these theories.
Why this programme?
- You will put theory into practice by using software packages such as C++ and Matlab, and will have access to our Bloomberg training room to enhance your employability skills.
- You will develop programming skills to utilise in the workplace. In lectures you will be taught the theory and be provided with a financial problem and you will solve these in labs/tutorials.
This programme will help prepare you for a career in government, international organisations or financial institutions working as derivative traders, quantitative traders or quantitative risk managers.
Recent graduates have taken up positions in various investments banks. We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provide 1-2-1 support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Basic econometrics
- Financial markets, securities and derivatives
- Mathematical finance
- Modelling and forecasting financial markets
- Applied computational finance
- C++ in finance
- Economic fundamentals and financial markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Deadline passed, International
- Round 1: 1 November
- Round 2: 15 December
- Round 3: 15 January
- Round 4: 15 February
- Round 5: 15 March
- Round 6: 15 April
- Round 7: 15 May
- Round 8: 15 June
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 35 other Masters in Econometrics in United Kingdom
- 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline.
- Only applications that meet or exceed our stated entry requirements will go forward for consideration. Any application that does not will be automatically rejected. Applicants will be made offers based on their relative performance compared to other applicants, taking into account both current GPA, or degree classification, and the relevance of an applicant’s academic background.
- International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
International21920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21920 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.