The aims of the Advanced Control and Systems Engineering course from The University of Manchester are to:
- provide an advanced education in control and systems engineering, emphasising modern theoretical developments and their practical application
- give a sound fundamental understanding of the principles underlying the operation of control systems
- enable students to apply modern control principles in various areas of industry
- Students acquire a range of intellectual skills that cover the design, analysis and simulation of control systems. A strong emphasis is placed on practical and transferable skills through laboratory exercises and the use of software packages.
Graduates from the course are employed in a variety of industries, including process and petro-chemical industries, manufacturing, power generation and the automotive and aerospace sectors. Recently there has been a surge in demand for control engineers in the field of biomedicine. More generally feedback control and systems engineering skills play an important part in an ever widening range of high tech applications.
The MSc can also be used a spring board for postgraduate research. Approximately 50% of the current PhD students in the Control Systems Group are graduates from the MSc course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Control Fundamentals
- State-Space and Multivariable Control
- Digital Control & System Identification
- Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Systems
- Process Control & Model Predictive Control
- Optimal & Robust Control
- Robotics & Autonomous Systems
- Applied Control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 750 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Academic entry qualification overview
- The standard academic entry requirements for a masters course will be an upper second class UK honours degree, or international equivalent, in an electrical and electronic engineering discipline.
- Candidates from other engineering and scientific disciplines are encouraged to apply, provided they can demonstrate strength in mathematics and other suitable subjects such as dynamics, signals and systems or classical control.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.