Practical and technically focused, it's ideal for graduates of computing based degrees and related disciplines who wish to deepen and extend their knowledge in this area.
You'll study complex, mission critical systems and apply your learning through hands-on projects that solve real-world problems. You will graduate well-prepared for rewarding roles within this field of work.
Why UWE Bristol?
Learn from dedicated, research-active staff with industrial experience and connections with industry. Hear from eminent industry figures as you develop the broad, practical skills you will need to succeed.
Through access to sophisticated equipment including simulation software and hardware, you will test your ideas and strategies and become an adaptable, capable security expert.
Careers / Further study
Graduates of this Cyber Security course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) will have the knowledge and skills required to take on senior technical roles within cyber security. You could go on to work within a large corporate environment or an SME, taking on a role such as Security Engineer, Information Security Analyst, Information Security Manager or Senior IT Auditor.
You could also go on to managerial roles in cyber security or consulting work. You might also continue on to a PhD in a related subject.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer and Network Security
- Information Risk Management
- Parallel Computing
- Cyber Security Futures Emerging Trends and Challenges
- Analysis and Verification of Concurrent Systems
- Critical Systems Security
- IoT System Security
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 655 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- We normally require an honours degree at 2:2 or above in a computing based degree or a similar technical discipline. It is essential to have a good knowledge of programming, you should describe in detail your experience of programming in your application.
- We can consider applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirements, but who have relevant professional experience or qualifications. In your application, you should describe in detail your professional experience and qualifications.
International1146 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1146 GBP per module during 12 months.
National667 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 667 GBP per module during 12 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.