Technology is transforming our society in all sorts of ways. From how we do business to how we socialize, how we travel to how we communicate, we are dependent on computer systems that drive these processes. This dependency means we're vulnerable to cyber-attacks. If successful, our personal data can be stolen, and our national institutions, critical infrastructure and the technology that drives our society could be compromised.
We need skilled, confident cyber security professionals who understand the technology, and the challenges, so they're able to secure and protect our digital society.
Why study this Cyber Security course from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) ?
With a passion for technology and computer systems, this MSc will provide you with an advanced knowledge and understanding of cyber security issues. This ranges from low-level software vulnerabilities and weaknesses in encryption schemes, to information risk management issues and research challenges in cyber security.
With a practical and technical focus, the course is designed for graduates of computing-based degrees and related disciplines who wish to deepen and extend their knowledge in this area.
Careers / Further study
Graduates of this Cyber Security course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) will have the knowledge and skills required to take on senior technical roles within cyber security. You could go on to work within a large corporate environment or an SME, taking on a role such as Security Engineer, Information Security Analyst, Information Security Manager or Senior IT Auditor.
You could also go on to managerial roles in cyber security or consulting work. You might also continue on to a PhD in a related subject.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer and Network Security
- Cyber Security Analytics
- IoT System Security
- Analysis and Verification of Concurrent Systems
- Critical Systems Security
- Cyber Security Futures Emerging Trends and Challenges
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 201 other Masters in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We normally require an honours degree at 2:2 or above in a computing-based degree or a similar technical discipline. It's essential to have a good knowledge of programming, so you should describe in detail your experience of programming languages in your application. C and Python are used extensively throughout the course and so ensuring you have a good understanding of these languages will be advantageous.
- We can consider applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirements, but who have relevant professional experience or qualifications. In your application, you should describe in detail your professional experience and qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1333 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1333 GBP per module during 12 months.
National750 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 GBP per module during 12 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.