- #3 in the world for Public Health - ShanghaiRanking 2020
- #3 in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health and #4 in Infectious Diseases (US News Best Global Universities Subject Ranking 2021)
- 91% overall student satisfaction - Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2019-20
Epidemiology is the key discipline underlying medical research, public health practice and health care evaluation. The understanding of its principles and practice is crucial for those involved in the design or assessment of epidemiological studies and programme evaluation.
Epidemiological methods are also used to describe the size and nature of health problems, to investigate the aetiology of specific diseases, and to evaluate the impact of interventions for treating and preventing ill health.
The Epidemiology (Distance Learning) programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is of interest to people who require an understanding of epidemiology, such as medical journalists and scientific officers in government and industry.
The programmes aim to:
- develop knowledge and understanding of the fundamental skills needed to become competent in epidemiology;
- enable students to understand developments in the field of epidemiology;
- encourage independent critical and evaluative skills that can be used to apply independent scientific judgment;
- teach students how to apply the conceptual and practical tools needed to initiate research
- facilitate self-development into professionally organised and interactive individuals by practicing skills of selection, assimilation and communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Statistics for Epidemiology
- Practical Epidemiology
- Writing and Reviewing Epidemiological Papers
- Study Design: Writing a Grant Application
- Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
- Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
- Modelling and the Dynamics of Infectious Diseases
- Advanced Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Postgraduate Certificate – 60 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma – 120 credits
- Master's – 180 credits
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 183 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A first or second class honours degree or equivalent, from a university or other institution acceptable to the University of London, in health-related disciplines or in statistics or another appropriate subject. Work experience in a health sciences or health care setting is desirable but not essential.
- Applicants with an appropriate professional or technical qualification in a health-related field, which satisfies the University as a qualification equivalent to a second class honours degree, together with at least three years’ relevant experience, may also be considered on an individual basis.
International15240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15240 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15240 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Postgraduate Diploma £12,070
- Postgraduate Certificate £8,920
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.