Explore the ethical issues raised by different professional contexts, and discover how ethical principles can be applied to help us navigate our increasingly complex working environments.
Using a blend of theory and real-life case studies, you’ll gain a critical understanding of issues such as trust, integrity, privacy, consent and professional responsibility.
Throughout, you’ll benefit from teaching that blends insights from industry professionals with the latest in ethical research. With the expert guidance of your tutors, you’ll use the theoretical understanding you gain to respond to social, technological, and political developments as they occur.
Our diverse community includes people from a wide variety of countries and backgrounds. Whether you’re looking for career progression, a change of direction, or knowledge of a new subject area, you’ll receive all the support you need to succeed.
This Applied and Professional Ethics course at University of Leeds is taught through distance learning and can also be studied at PGDip level. Both of these options are available both full time and part time.
Studying applied ethics will allow you to develop transferable skills in research, critical thinking and communication. It will also give you more confidence to handle situations with ethical implications in the workplace.
All of this is good preparation for a range of careers, while it could also benefit you in your current role. In particular, this course gives you scope to develop your career in growing areas such as compliance and corporate social responsibility.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Ethics: Reasons, Motivation, Obligations and Happiness
- Professional Issues
- Agents and Professional Responsibility
- Professional Issues: Privacy and Confidentiality
- Professional Issues: Consent and Contracts
- Justice: Fairness, Equality, and Diversity
- Global Environmental Ethics
- Business Ethics
- Professional Ethics Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There’s no formal deadline for applications, but you should aim to submit your completed application as early in the year as possible. This will allow you time to organise your visa and transport arrangements (if relevant) and also meet the deadlines for any funding opportunities you pursue.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Corporate Social Responsibility View 11 other Masters in Corporate Social Responsibility in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor degree.
- Professional experience may also be considered.
- If you want to apply for this MA course but don't have a degree, you can begin your studies by completing the PGDip and then progress onto the MA.
- We look for your willingness and ability to think clearly and independently, as well as good writing skills, a basic understanding of philosophical ethics and any relevant experiences of ethical issues in practice.
- Two academic references – see the admissions policy (below) for details.
- Evidence of your English language test scores, if English isn’t your first language.
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.