The MA Illustration course from Arts University Bournemouth will appeal to you if you’re open to participating in a broad range of creative strategies, utilising traditional and digital methods.
These include drawing and printmaking, lens and time-based media, with ideas and concepts that might be realised through exhibition, publication or exciting new hybrid forms.
Students studying on the course come from a number of diverse backgrounds including Illustration, Graphic Design, Printmaking, Drawing, Photography and Painting. Others come from outside of art and design, having had experience across other subject disciplines, but demonstrating a passion for illustration.
MA Illustration is structured and delivered in order to encourage and support you in developing your own distinct visual language, recognising an expansive understanding of contemporary illustration through the exploration of relationships between illustrator as author, audience and context.
Ideas are developed through specific individual approaches to research into practice and reflective enquiry. This deeper understanding and commitment to practice assists students in identifying, exploring and achieving your future career aspirations. The course encourages you to engage imaginatively with illustration, in relation to both the academic subject and practice of illustration.
More informationVisit official programme website
The course is structured and delivered in order to encourage and support you in developing your own distinct visual language, recognising an expansive understanding of contemporary illustration through the exploration of relationships between illustrator as author, audience and context.
- You’ll deepen your knowledge and your ability to focus on your chosen field in relation to the key aspects that inform it. The course devises specific discipline-focused project work to enable you to take the right path towards your chosen career in industry or progress to further study at doctorate level.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 301 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- We encourage application from students with a broad range of qualifications and we welcome students from all educational backgrounds. We will take into account the knowledge and skills that you have developed outside the classroom as well as your previous qualifications.
- You will usually have BA (Hons) Degree graded at 2.1 or above, or an equivalent UK or international qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline.
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees - £4,000 per annum (part time)
- Non EU/EEA :£9,250 per annum (part-time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.