At the Robert Gordon University studying the MSc Biomedical Technology provides current biomedical technology knowledge and the understanding of its application within industry. We also offer you introductory as well as specialist modules such as regulatory quality management (ISO 13485), biomaterials, biosensors. In the final semester, you will complete an industrial placement and have the opportunity to work on industry relevant individual projects.
This course is open to science and engineering graduates and those working within hospitals or related industry or who want to work in healthcare organisations, in the medical devices industry.
Graduates can go on to work as engineers in the medical device industry, producing the next generation of devices such as prosthetics, through to specialists working in healthcare operating and maintaining equipment for diagnosis and treatment.
Graduates of the course would typically work as research and development engineers or design engineers in the medical device industry producing the next generation of devices such as pacemakers, defibrillators, ECG systems and prosthetics, right through to specialists working in hospitals/the National Health Service (NHS) to operate and maintain sophisticated equipment for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
Graduates are required in four important sectors that includes:
- The medical device and pharmaceutical industry
- Hospital trusts (e.g. NHS)
- Government and regulatory agencies (European Medicines Agency (EMA),Food and Drug Administration (FDA))
More informationVisit official programme website
- Quality Assurance, Regulation and Medical Ethics
- Quality Improvement and Statistical Process Control
- Biomedical Technology Applications
- Group Biomedical Technology Project
- Socially Responsible Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 98 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
- 2:2 Engineering, Science or equivalent degree in relevant subject.
- A background in systems science, engineering, or physics is strongly recommended for entry to this MSc course.
- HND with relevent industrial experience may be considered for entry. Prospective students with an HND and relevent industrial experience may be called for an interview.
International17700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Rest of UK students: £5,640
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.