The Master’s Program in Climate Change and Development (MCCD) at VNU Vietnam Japan University (VJU) aims to:
- Equip students with basic, interdisciplinary knowledge of the nature, tendency, impacts, vulnerability, adaptation and mitigation of climate change in relation to development;
- Equip students with competence and skills to discover, analyze, evaluate, forecast problems related to climate change and development; to propose and create climate change adaptation and mitigation measures for sustainable development;
- Train students to work as scientists/ technologists, managers/ leaders/ policy advisers/consultants on climate change business as well as to propose, implement projects and to participate in international and national forums on climate change and development;
- Provide students with opportunities to pursue PhD at leading universities in Japan and around the world.
The program offers a wide range of career opportunities, such as:
- Start-up businesses in climate change;
- Experts in science, technology and climate change management for development at enterprises, nature reserves, biosphere reserves, and tourist destinations;
- Managers, policy makers, policy advisors in management agencies, consultants on climate change response and development in socio-political, international and non-governmental organizations;
- Researchers and lecturers in academia.
Advantages of the Program
- High quality program, based on the curriculum of Ibaraki University, modified to meet the requirements of Vietnam context;
- International academic environment; advanced teaching methods; modern laboratories; practical experience in one of the most vulnerable countries in the world but is a pioneer in response to climate change - Vietnam; learning and practicing the world’s leading technologies to tackle climate change from Japan; insightful guidance from well-known professors, scientists, excellent managers on climate change business in Vietnam; and minimum 50 percent of lectures from Japan;
- Substantially subsidized tuition fee; full merit-based scholarships for outstanding students;
- Modern knowledge and skills in multicultural context, especially Japanese language and culture;
- Opportunities to work in Japanese companies or further study at doctorate level at Japanese partner university
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Science
- Methodology and Informatics for Sustainable Science
- Fundamentals of Climate Change
- Climate Change Impacts and Vulnerability Assessment
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Climate Policy, Law and Institutions
- Climate Change Risk Assessment and Management
- Communities and Climate Change Adaptation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Sustainable Development
- Open admission
- Entrance exam: document screening and oral test
- TOEIC Reading 275, Listening 275, Speaking 120, Writing 120
- Cambridge Exam KET (Distinction 140), PET (Pass 140), FCE (Level B1-140)
- BEC Preliminary
- BULATS 40-59
- Vietnamese Standardized Test of English Proficiency VSTEP.3-5 (4.0-5.5)
International2375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National1986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3972 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- 92.000.000 VND (Vietnamese students)
- 110.000.000 VND (foreign students)
Living costs for Hanoi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.