Energy Economics and Finance (with Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University consists of five required core courses ECON 540 Microeconomic of the Energy, ECON 541 Energy Economics, FINA511 Corporate Finance in Energy Markets and FINA 512 Valuation and Risk Management in Energy Market and ECON 542 Quantitative Energy Economics.
Graduates have a wide area of employment opportunities. Their knowledge and skills in economics as well as their good command of English and computer applications, as well as familiarity with global issues opens up employment opportunities in international organizations, multinational companies and public services and in private businesses.
- Master Thesis
- Microeconomics of Energy
- Energy Economic
- Quantitative Energy Economics
- Corporate Finance in Energy Markets
- Valuation and Risk Management in Energy Markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications to the graduate programs at EMU can be made throughout the year, until one month prior to the beginning of each semester.
DisciplinesEconomics View 3 other Masters in Economics in Northern Cyprus
- Applicants to M.S. program should have a B.S. degree with a CGPA greater than 2.5/4.0,
- English language test results (TOFEL min. 548, IELTS 6.5, YDS/UDS/ KPDS 66 or EMU English Language Test) and for Turkish citizen applicants have to obtain min 55 points from ALES exam.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Three letters of reference
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International3262 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1631 USD per semester during 12 months.
National678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 339 USD per semester during 12 months.
Thesis registration fee (per semester): Turkish Students: 7.996 TL / International Students: $2.445
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.