The Business Analytics programme of University of Geneva consists of using data to inform strategic decision making under uncertainty and to optimise business processes. In the digital economy with the proliferation of data, businesses have understood the tactical and strategic importance of analytics – the learning from data – as a critical field to detect and monitor client behaviours and expectations, or even future market trends.
- Support students to manage, analyze, and use data in strategic, tactical, and operational decision making under uncertainty.
- Prepare students for leadership positions in organizations’ digital transformation aimed at creating value for businesses and society.
- Bridge the gap between a university education and professional needs.
With the proliferation of data and the present lack of analytical talent, the Master in Business Analytics students will have excellent career opportunities across the globe. In 2016, the McKinsey Global Institute estimated that by 2026 the US economy would need 2 to 4 million “business translators” to serve as the link between analytical talent and practical business applications. In 2017, the Business Higher Education Forum and PricewaterhouseCoopers predicted that, just in the US, data science and analytics-related job postings would grow from 2.35 million in 2015 to 2.72 million by 2020.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithmics and Data Management
- Analytics Consulting
- Creating Value Through Data Mining
- Data-Driven Impact Evaluation
- Data Quality and Data Collection Strategies
- Data Driven Decision Making
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership Business Intelligence & Analytics View 36 other Masters in Economics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages A4)
- Motivation letter in English (1 page A4)
- Grade transcripts of previous studies (Bachelor, high school and other university studies)
- Copy of your Bachelor degree if already obtained (and other degrees if any)
- Syllabi (or textbook references) of previous Bachelor or Master level courses in probability, statistics, analytics and/or computer science (if any)
- TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Advanced Certificate, for all students, from a Bachelor program not taught in English (Average level B2) [Document recommended (not mandatory)]
International926 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 463 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA926 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 463 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee is 500 CHF per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.