The Taxation (Part-Time) programme of Mainz University of Applied Sciences prepares you comprehensively for the profession of tax consultant and the assumption of a leading position in the tax department of a business enterprise. The course also offers you preparation for the tax advisor examination.
In the master's degree in taxation program you will learn about the full range of tax law. In doing so, we attach particular importance to mastering scientific working methods and legal methodological competence. For this reason, self-study plays an important role from the very beginning.
What's in store for you
The study period is five semesters and runs on a part-time basis according to the divided-week system - with a work release of at least 20 percent. The tax advisor examination takes place in the last semester after an intensive preparatory phase.
The master's degree in taxation offers the perfect combination of theory and practice, giving you access to two degrees in a very short period of time: the internationally recognised master's degree and the Tax Consultant Examination.
The study program is accredited by the AQAS (Agency for Quality Assurance by Accreditation of Degree Programs).
Your professional prospects
If you have passed the tax consultant examination, you are entitled to take up an independent activity in tax consultancy - whether as a self-employed or employed person - at a law firm or in the tax department of a business enterprise.
The master's degree additionally gives you access to higher-level civil service, and can also be used as a starting point for doctoral studies.
- Annual Statements, Tax Accounting
- Income Tax / Corporate Income Tax
- Civil Law, Commercial Law
- Procedural Law
- Transaction Taxes
- Techniques for Written Tests
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Taxation View 7 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in Germany
- The successful completion of a university degree in economics or law or a university degree in an economic discipline with a standard period of study of not less than six semesters. Applicants with a university degree in another subject area are admitted if they can obtain admission to the tax consultant examination for other reasons.
- Successful completion of university studies must be ECTS Grade C. If no ECTS grade is shown, your grade point average may not be worse than 2.5.
- Practical full-time employment in the field of taxes governed by the federal or state authorities after completion of the first degree of not less than six months.
- The willingness of the employer to release the employee to the required extent for the desired degree program.
- Applicants must prove that they are proficient in English. Proof of the required English language skills can be provided during the assessment interview
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 30 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for Mainz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.