Social Work from Institute of Technology Sligo is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and competencies to become professional social workers in a variety of settings within the statutory, voluntary and independent sectors.
It is anticipated that the majority of graduates of this programme will enter the many vacancies in the social work field. Consequently, the programme has been developed to provide academic knowledge, and skills to work in a variety of social work environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Theory to Practice
- Social Work Skills and Competencies
- Social Policy for Social Work
- Traumatic Experiences: Psychological impact across the lifespan
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology for Social Workers
- Sociological Perspectives for Social Work
- Law and Social Work
- Interprofessional and Interagency Collaboration (IPIAC) in Social Work
In order to be considered for an interview and selection for this programme applicants:
- Require a grade of 2.1 or above in Social Sciences i.e. B.Soc.Sc, Community Development, Early Childhood Care and Education, Psychology, Social Policy, Social Science, Social Care Practice, Sociology, Social Policy, Youth and Family Studies.
- Must have accumulated non-study related relevant and certified work experience with service users of 800 hours.
- Two references must be submitted electronically by the referees. At least one referee should be familiar with the applicant's academic work. References must be written, signed and dated on official letter headed paper and stamped by the referee's organisation.
- English Proficiency
International4750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sligo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.