As a student of the master’s programme in Software Engineering and Management, you will develop a combination of advanced technical knowledge and management skills within software development—competence highly sought after in the job market.
The Software Engineering and Management programme is offered by University of Gothenburg.
After successfully completing the programme, you will be able to apply to roles such as project manager, developer, tester, and quality manager in a wide variety of industries.
The growing use of software also increases the size and complexity of software needed, alongside greater pressure to quickly release to market in rapidly changing environments and demands.
A project-based, collaborative learning environment
We have a strong research profile and rely on close collaboration with industry. You will engage in project work and be confronted with real-world challenges for software-intensive industries. Addressing these challenges will show you how both advanced technical knowledge and managerial skills are needed to produce large technologically advanced systems in ways that correspond to contemporary demands for quality and speed in very dynamic environments.
Preparing you for a future career
The programme combines different perspectives and approaches, preparing you for different roles, such as developer, tester, quality manager, software architect, and project manager. The skills you develop will also be applicable in many industries, such as automotive, telecom, defence, government, bank, retail, and education. We educate future engineers who are qualified to design software with high quality and low development and maintenance costs. But we also educate future researchers who can work innovatively and conduct advanced experiments with technology within software engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Quality
- Project Management
- Empirical Software Engineering
- Software Evolution Project
- Master Thesis Software Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 20 other Masters in Software Engineering in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor s degree 180 credits including an independent project (degree project) of at least 15 credits or equivalent within the field of Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or equivalent. Knowledge in programming, with the minimum of: 7.5 credits in programming, 4.5 credits in object-oriented design, 7.5 credits in algorithms and data structures, and 15 credits in practical projects are required. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
International13582 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27165 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Full programme cost: 286 000 SEK
- Application and tuition fees do not apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.