We focus on using computers and relevant software for simulation and problem solving. As a student of the programme, you will build upon your mathematical knowledge with theoretical depth and an understanding of methods. You will develop the knowledge and tools to model and simulate complex systems and use related algorithms for optimization and machine learning.
How do we understand the dynamics of dust particles in the exhaust of diesel engines, the dynamics of biological or artificial populations, or the problem of teaching a robot how to respond to unexpected changes in its environment?
From understanding the fluctuations of share and option prices that determine the stability of our economy, to predicting earthquakes, knowledge and skills in complex adaptive systems are increasingly in demand.
An interdisciplinary and comprehensive education
Interdisciplinary and encompassing several theoretical frameworks, our programme provides you with a broad and thorough introduction to the theory of complex systems and its applications to the world around us.
The Physics programme is based on a physics perspective and focuses on its general principles, but we also provide courses in information theory, computer science and optimization algorithms, ecology, and genetics in addition to adaptive systems and robotics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Analysis Methods
- Advanced Computational Physics: Materials
- Advanced Subatomic Physics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalence to 180 credits or 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university, with a minimum of 90 credits in physics. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
International11303 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22606 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Full programme cost: 238 000 SEK
- Application and tuition fees do not apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.