What does Brexit mean? What consequences has the increased migration to Europe had for the EU cooperation? What does it mean to be European? If these are questions that raise your commitment, The European Studies, Social Science Track offered by University of Gothenburg is something for you!
The Center for European Studies is a multidisciplinary cooperation between nine university disciplines that together form the basis for the subject of European Studies.
We offer the three-year European Programme (only given in Swedish) and the two-year Master's Programme in European Studies and a two year half-time basis Executive Master's Programme in European Studies, as well as a wide range of free standing courses. There is also the possibility of exchange studies, double degree and internship.
Exciting and innovative courses that:
- Address a broad range of topics within the field of European studies, including political, historical, ideational, cultural, economic and social aspects of contemporary Europe
- Prepare students for a work-life within public and private organizations, within the cultural sector, as well as for PhD-education. Watch this short YouTube film to learn more about our alumni
- Offer highly developed methods-training and the choice of four different method’s specializations
- Collaborates with renowned international partners such as the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the United States, Fudan University in Shanghai, Charles University in Prague, Sciences Po in Paris, and Konstanz University in Germany
- Promotes your international career by offering double degrees through studying at two universities in two countries
Internship and a relevant working life:
- Paves the way to exciting job opportunities, through internships and collaborations with working life
- Provides direct access to a relevant job-market through our Business Council REGU
- And access to the European expert analysts enrolled in our Executive Master of European Studies
The Centre for European Studies offers two types of Master's Degrees.
The Master's Programme in European Studies 120 Hec, gives you a Degree of Master of Science in European Studies.
The second is the Master's Programme in European Studies with a Double Degree Option 120 Hec, gives you two Master of Science Degress in European Studies, one issued from the University of Gothenburg and one issued from University of Konstanz in Germany.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- European Identity and Heritage
- European Integration: Current Research and Theory
- Integrating European Markets
- Social Europe
- Europe in the World
- Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Studies View 7 other Masters in European Studies in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 90 credits in consecutive courses in a social science discipline such as Business Administration, Economic Geography, Economic History, Economics, European Studies, Human Geography, International Relations, Media and Communication, Sociology, Social Work, Political Science, Public Administration or equivalent, or 90 credits in consecutive courses in a humanities discipline such as Cultural Sciences, History, History of Ideas, Philosophy, Religious Studies or equivalent.
- The selection is based on the submitted CV and Statement of Intent.
International8099 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16198 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application fee: 900 SEK
- Full programme cost: 170 000 SEK
- First payment: 42 500 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.