The Screenwriting for Film and Television program at Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technolog is the longest running and was the first MA of its kind in the country. It employs the very best screenwriting tutors in Ireland and each year we offer our students advice and input from the very best writers/producers and directors who visit our programme as panelists and guest speakers.
Each year we invite established directors to workshop scene’s from our Master Student’s screenplays with a group of actors – in previous years Lenny Abrahamson, Neil Jordan, Juanita Wilson, Jim Sheridan, Paddy Breathnach, Kirsten Sheridan, Ed Guiney, Neasa Hardiman and many other accomplished directors have dedicated their time and energy to these workshops.
Careers may be found in the film/television industry as screenwriters, script editors and/or in teaching.
- The Craft of Screenwriting,
- Film Theory and History,
- Dramatic and Literary Traditions,
- Writing Television Drama,
- Main Project.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 20 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate qualification of 2nd Class Honours or higher at Honours Degree level.
- Applicants may be considered provided they can demonstrate Honours Degree equivalence, which can be verified through our RPL (recognition of prior learning) process.
- Two references must also support your application.
- Portfolio submission, as part of your application. See guidelines opposite.
International10666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Dún Laoghaire
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.