The application of Remote Sensing and GIS at the University Putra Malaysia have crossed various fields, especially activities involving spatial data base. This programme also involves the identification of land-based geographical data such as forest types and landuse, water-based ones such as identifying the location of fishing grounds and oil spills. Also of importance are land management and legal issues relating to land ownership and use.
More informationVisit official programme website
- GIS Principles and Techniques
- GIS Management and Implementation
- Quantitative Remote Sensing
- Image Processing and Analysis
- Remote Sensing and GIS Applications
- Microwave Remote Sensing
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) Statistics View 4 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor in the field of Engineering or Engineering Technology with a CGPA of 2.750/ Second Class Lower or;
- Bachelor in the field of Engineering or Engineering Technology with a CGPA of 2.500/Second Class Lower with at least three (3) years of working experience in the field of study that is being applied for or;
- Bachelor in any related field of Science or Technology with a CGPA of 3.000/Second Class Upper or;
- Bachelor in any related field of Science or Technology with a CGPA of 2.750/ Second Class Lower with at least three (3) years of working experience in the field of study that is being applied for or;
- A qualification equivalent to a Bachelor's degree recognized by the professional bodies and MQA
International3941 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5912 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National2412 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3618 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- 16,250 RM for national students.
- 26,550 RM for international students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.