The Sport and Exercise Sciences programme offered by the University of Chester aims to give you a supportive environment in which to develop and utilise your research skills in specific areas of interest.
Why study this course with us?
You will be taught and supervised by experienced, research-active staff. A large proportion of their research is internationally recognised and has direct impact with real-world practice (i.e. performance, health policy, teaching). Many staff are also engaged with external partners, including sports governing bodies, professional sports clubs and health trusts, which provide applied and research opportunities for students.
The above features ensure that you will be provided with appropriate research and applied training that aims to enhance your employability.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Sport and Exercise
- Research Methods in the Sociology of Sport and Exercise
- Research Methods in Sports Sciences
- Experiential Learning in Applied Sporting Performance
- MRes Research Dissertation (Sport and Exercise Sciences)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 308 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum 2:1 honours degree in a relevant discipline, or substantive professional experience, is required.
- Consideration will be given to those who hold a lower classification who can demonstrate they are capable of performing at the level required to complete the course successfully.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA13031 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13031 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
The University of Chester offers generous international and merit-based scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate study, providing a significant reduction to the published headline tuition fees. You will automatically be considered for these scholarships when submitting an application and any award given will be shown on your offer letter.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.