Master of Science - Physiology at University of Otago there is particular emphasis on how the human body functions. The study of individual organs, their cells and membranes incorporates the related disciplines of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology.
Medical, dental, veterinary and agricultural sciences depend on a sound background in Physiology, as do the vocational training courses for Medicine, Dentistry, Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy.The present explosion of advances in the health sciences in which Physiology plays a central unifying, integrative role, reflects the increasing excitement in the discovery of unsuspected new ideas and processes.
- Masters Thesis Preparation
- Systematic Physiology
- Cellular Physiology
- Research Topics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International25761 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25761 USD per year during 12 months.
National5882 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5882 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $8,090.00
- International: $35,430
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.